In a new move for TPF, the grans committee is soliciting community input on the proposals for this quarter. Alberto Simões writes...
To this post follows a set of posts with proposals received by the Perl Foundation grants committee during the second call for grant proposals for 2008. Although not usual, the rules of the TPF GC are changing and we hope to make this a rule. Proposals are accepted during one month and after that period, they are posted for public discussion on the Internet. This is important to make GC more aware of the community interest on the project, and to help opening the grants attribution process.
During the month of April we received the following grant
- Perl 6 Tables
- Solidifying and Extending the Blog Normalize project
- Add Perl support to NetBeans
- Perl on a Stick
- SMOP - Simple Meta Object Programming
- Fixing Bugs in the Archive::Zip Perl Module
- CatalystX::Installer Application
- Revision Control for all CPAN
- Improve POE::Component::IRC
- Extending BSDPAN
Please take some time on reading the proposals carefully and give some feedback on the relevance of the proposals.
The article doesn't say where or how to give feedback, or by when. I'd start at the original posting on the TPF blog.