At the first Parrot Developer Summit in Mountain View, CA, core Parrot developers got together and worked on the plan for Parrot language, including a release schedule for the next three years. From the summary posted by Allison Randal:
- March 2009, 1.0, stable API for language developers
- July 2009, 1.5, integration
- January 2010, 2.0, production use
- July 2010, 2.5, portability
- January 2011, 3.0, independence
- July 2011, 3.5, green fields
Very cool that they'll be stabilizing the API so that language development can have a solid base to work with. I'm just a little disappointed that "production use" is 14 months away. Does that mean that the soonest Rakudo will be available for "production use" will be January 2010?