After I posted this this first time, I thought of a bunch of other things I have to do post-OSCON, and I've had to modify items from the first list.
Every year at OSCON I come home with a head full of ideas, and better yet, a huge list of new things to work on. Since the book is now done, and OSCON is now over, there's a chance I could work on them.
- Ack plug-ins
- I've been wanting to have plug-ins for ack for at least a year now, and I've connected with a number of people like Randy J. Ray who are on board to help me out. First task: Move it on over to github.
- Coverity scans for Parrot
- Met with David Maxwell of Coverity and he fired up the Coverity bot for Parrot, and now I have new niggling bugs to pick at. Plus, Parrot needs dependency building on the C files.
- PR work for first big release of Rakudo
- There will be the first major release of Rakudo in spring 2010, and I got some plans going with Patrick Michaud to figure how we were going to build up buzz for that. I also have the notes from Damian's Perl 6 talk which are a fantastic summary of Perl 6's cool new features.
- Human Creativity
- Julian Cash has been having Jos Boumans do all his Perl work for the Human Creativity project, but I offered up my services to do whatever he wants. Turns out the Julian is also working with Devin Crain, who I've known for years in an entirely non-geeek context.
- Hiring horror stories
- Play with R
- Play with NY Times' open APIs
- Speaking of coolness at work, I've got some ideas on how to use the open API data for the NYT's best seller lists at my day job.
- Text::Textile needs a CLI tool
- My slides for Just Enough C are in Textile, and Brad Choate reminded me that we wanted to do a textile command-line tool in the package as a front-end to the module.
- Anti-spam and Drupal updates for rakudo.org
- rakudo.org is running straight Drupal, and we get a bunch of spam every so often. I meant to talk some Drupal folks out in SJC, but never did.
For those of you leaving OSCON, what tasks did you just assign yourself in the past week?