Go run to the announcement about Devel::NYTProf v3.0. Marvel at the code profiling goodness.
- Ability to profile opcodes, which means...
- NYTProf can now profile slow regular expressions
- More detailed stats on BEGIN blocks
- Treemap of subroutines
- Tracking of which subs called which other subs
- Graphing of sub calls
- Improved report output
- Ability to merge profile runs, such as when a process spawns other processes like mod_perl code does.
Already I have found that my regular expression compilation is taking 6% of the runtime in my sample runs in ack. I had no idea.
Just amazing. Go try it now, and buy Tim Bunce and the other contributors a beer.