These links are collected from the
Perlbuzz Twitter feed.
If you have suggestions for news bits, please mail me at
- Perl for Big Data: “Hadoop is overrated. Come see what modern Perl can do.” (blog.yapcna.org)
- Why I use Perl: Reliability (modernperlbooks.com)
- Any language would be improved if it had Perl’s testing and library culture. (news.ycombinator.com)
- YAPC::NA 2012’s legacy for future organizers (blogs.perl.org)
- Evolving tests and code in small steps (modernperlbooks.com)
- mod_perl 2.07 released, works w/Perl 5.16 (blogs.perl.org)
- HTML::Tree 5.00 fixes memory leak problems (blogs.perl.org)
- “Our meritocracy is broken.” — @schwern at #yapcna
- “The people who want to use Perl are those we should be building the community for.” — @schwern at #yapcna
- Larry Wall had to hack a 25-year Perl ribbon at #yapcna. (twitter.com)
- perlybook.org generates epub/mobi ebooks of Perl module documentation.
- Ovid’s “Beginning Perl” available online for free (blogs.perl.org)
- “There are no stupid questions” says Mojolicious’ @tempire. “Nobody will be mean to you in #mojo IRC channel.” Bravo for publicly stating.
- When subgroups of your community find it necessary to say “We will not be mean to you,” your community has a Big Problem.
- Arduino/Dancer-enabled mobile-enhanced door (blogs.perl.org)
- Boston Ruby works to be beginner-friendly (openhatch.org)
- Reflections on YAPC::NA 2012 (blogs.perl.org)
- How @mithaldu put the YAPC videos on YouTube (blogs.perl.org)
- Rakudo Perl 6 on Android (blogs.perl.org)
- YAPC::NA recap from Sawyer_X (blogs.perl.org)
- Calculating technical debt with Perl::Critic (elliotlovesperl.com)