ack 1.78 is out
After three months of lots of development work and intermediate releases, I've released ack 1.78. There are tons of new features and lots of compatibility fixes for Windows. ack is a replacement for grep that is geared to working with trees of code.
Highlights in this release include:
- Files specified on the command line are always searched, even if they don't match a known filetype
- Ability to ignore directories
- Pager support
- More flexible grouping options
- Many more languages recognized and existing ones improved, including CFMX, Actionscript, assembly, Tcl, Lisp, Smalltalk
- Ability to define your own languages based on filetype
ack may well change the way you work on the command-line with source code. Try it out and let me know what you think. You can install it by installing App::Ack from CPAN, or downloading the standalone version to your ~/bin directory.