Dave Rolsky has written up a recap of Frozen Perl from the organizers’ point of view. Some interesting tidbits:
- 2/3rds of FP2008 expenses were paid by sponsors, keeping attendee cost low
- Some sponsors are interested in the tax deduction; some see it as a marketing expense
- With very low ticket prices, each additional attendee ends up being a net loss
- A potential solution to the lightning talk machine dance could be a KVM.
- Income $7,190 – Expenses $6,213.43 = $976.57 overage
The workshop came together beautifully. I was very impressed with what Dave & Co. pulled together.