My schedule for YAPC::NA 2008
At work, we're planning the talks we want to go see at YAPC::NA in June. Here's the stuff that I wanna go see:
- 13:00: Skimmable Code: Schwern always cool stuff to say, and I like the angle.
- 13:50: Converting mod_perl 1 to mod_perl 2: We're still on mod_perl 1. Jim Brandt co-wrote the mod_perl 2 book, so he'll know what he's talking about.
- 13:50 alternate: Unicode for silly Americans: Some day I will understand Unicode. Maybe this talk will be it.
- 14:50: Email hates the living: RJBS talking about Email modules. I don't do much email, but I'm interested in what infrastructure is out there.
- 08:15: Social Perl (Facebook apps): Writing Facebook apps is going to be my new stretch project I think. I don't know what I want to do, but FB as app platform is clearly going some place.
- 08:40: Fey::ORM: Mmmm, object mapping. I hate ORMs, and Dave Rolsky and I have talked about why they suck, so maybe his new one sucks less.
- 09:05: Perl 5 VM: Every conference needs a session that hurts your head!
- 10:05: Moose: All the cool kids are all about the Moose!
- 10:55: Rakudo: As someone who contributes to Parrot and Rakudo, I really don't know much about its guts.
- 13:00: Catalyst workshop: Catalyst seems ready to be the Perl Rails.
- 16:05: Smolderbot: We use the smolderbot, but we don't yet have it running PHP tests. :-(
- 08:15: Facebook Apps in Catalyst: See earlier.
- 08:15 alternate: DBIx::Class
- 09:05 tie: Movable Type: Perlbuzz and The Working Geek are both in Movable Type, but I've never worked with their internals. Maybe I can hack in a reasonable tags interface.
- 09:05 tie: Rescue your doomed project: chromatic always has good stuff to say, and project dynamics are always a concern of mine.
- 10:05: Parrot & Perl 6 workshop: Hooking up with my Perl 6 brethren to get some work going.
- 10:55: What is obvious?: I'm kinda sad that there's not more on human interaction in the programming world.
- 13:00: LIghtning Talks
- 15:00: Closing, keynote, town hall
I'm also planning on being at the Parrot hackathon and the Sox game.
RJBS and hdp have posted their itineraries and commentary as well. If you post yours somewhere, please leave a comment here.